It used to be that massage was only something you would book when you wanted to pamper yourself. Not only that, but massages were limited in availability, and you would need to book time at an upscale health club or a luxury day spa. However, massage therapy is offered more readily now, with options available at clinics, businesses, and even airports. If you have never tried massage, the more you learn about the health benefits and all its good, the easier it will be for you to book time with a massage therapist in Edmonton.
What is Massage Therapy?
The term massage encompasses rubbing, pressing, and manipulating muscles, ligaments, tendons, and skin. Massage in Edmonton can range from a light stroking motion to deeper pressure. There are also a variety of styles to choose from when seeing a Massage therapist in Edmonton, including common types such as:
- Swedish Massage – This is a gentler massage style where the registered massage therapist uses long strokes, deep, circular movements, tapping, vibration, and kneading. The result is the client feeling energized yet relaxed.
- Sports Massage – Like Swedish massage, sports massage helps people involved in sports and athletic activities work on prevention or treatment of the injury.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Massage experts use more forceful, slower strokes to target deep muscle layers and connective tissues. This style is great for helping people with muscle damage stemming from injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage – This massage style focuses on tightened muscle fibers that may form within your muscles due to overuse or injury.
The Benefits of Seeing a Certified Massage Therapist
Massage is considered integrative medicine, and it is now widely offered along with standard treatment of medical conditions and other situations. The benefits of regular massage include:
- Cut back on stress while boosting relaxation
- Lowering pain, tension, and muscle soreness
- Improving energy, alertness, and circulation
- Lowering blood pressure and heart rate
- Improving overall immune function
People seek massage for various reasons, especially when it comes to lower back pain and headache treatment. Other conditions that massage has shown benefits for include:
- Nerve pain
- Digestive issues
- Sports injuries
- Stress-induced insomnia
- Neck pain
- Soft tissue straining or injury
Why Visit the Self Centre Massage & Wellness?
If it is time for you to take control of your health and wellness, you may want to learn all about your options for massage and bodywork. The Self Centre Massage & Wellness offers quality massage services to help with stress relief, pain management, and relaxation. All you have to do is set up a time for a consultation or initial appointment, and our team will learn more about you and your needs.
We can set you up for a therapeutic massage or discuss our myofascial cupping treatment and hot stone therapy. It is all about tailoring a wellness and relaxation plan to your unique situation! Give us a call at The Self Centre Massage & Wellness to set up a time with a massage therapist in Edmonton by dialing (780) 485-1404. We can set up your initial appointment at your earliest convenience.
Edmonton AB T6J 6L7