Because there are so many programs for troubled teens in California, it might be difficult to determine which is the right one to choose. No matter the issue you are having, adolescent psychiatrists in SoCal will have the tools that you need to help your teen move through it. Rather than becoming overwhelmed, the best way to get started is by assessing your teen’s list of needs.
What Are the Main Concerns?
You may find that there is more than one thing that is troubling your teenager. Child psychologists in Orange County, California, will often see patients for one or more of the following issues:
- Alcohol use
- Drug use
- Running away
- Sexual promiscuity
- Failing grades
- Poor social interaction
- Narcissistic behavior
- Emotionally troubled
- Gang interactions
- Uncontrollability or defiance
- Negative influences
- Issues with the law
- Adoption or abandonment issues
Having a teen with behavioral issues can be extremely discouraging once you have put forth the effort to try and help over and over. Youth therapy in Southern California is there to offer support and guidance so that you can start to navigate the healing and learning process necessary to move forward.
The good news is that many programs are designed to help troubled teens while taking a therapeutic standpoint. You can get help without having to use scare tactics or the threat of sending your teen away to boot camp. Working with a teen psychologist in Orange County, you will be immersing your teen in a safe environment where they can identify and work on their own issues. All of this is done while surrounded by a highly-trained and supportive staff.
Why Choose the OC Teen Center?
Here at the OC Teen Center, we offer some of the best programs for troubled teens in California. We use an approach that includes combination therapies, group healing sessions and will work with family members to support a full support system. Some of the programs that we offer, including pediatric mental health services in Orange County, include:
- Day programs that include daily therapy for individuals, groups, and families. This includes medication management, structure, and support while developing critical life skills.
- After-school programs that are similar to our day programs but take place from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm. This is just right for giving your teen help without having to break into their routine.
- Therapy programs, or outpatient programs, are the third phase of treatment that comes into play after our day and after school programs. This allows your teen to remain connected to their psychiatrist and primary therapist they have been working with from the beginning.
Would you like more information on psychiatric treatment, private treatment, and our other programs for troubled teens in California? We are always here to help! Our team understands all of the challenges that teens and their families face, and we are always available for support. Be sure to ask us about tailored programs!
There are great programs for troubled teens in California ready to help. To speak with admissions or ask questions, contact us at OC Teen Center by phone at 714-716-5044 or email [email protected].