For the convenience of our Edmonton massage therapy and acupuncture clients, we are happy to provide direct billing for massage therapy and acupuncture services to Great West Life, Alberta Blue Cross, ASEBP (Alberta Teachers), Greenshield, Sunlife, Chambers of Commerce, Cowan, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc, Maximum Benefit & Standard Life. For Manulife & Desjardins we are happy to send your claim in on your behalf to save you the time however the appointment will be need to be paid at the time.
Please ensure your plan allows direct billing for these services, and that the clinic can be paid. Some plans don’t allow acupuncture, and some plans will only pay to the planholder.
MVA’s (motor vehicle accidents) – we can also set up direct billing for Motor Vehicle accidents with your insurance company. You must first see a ‘primary caregiver’ which can either be a medical doctor, a chiropractor, or a physiotherapist however it is your choice what treatments you receive once approved. Massage therapy works very well in conjunction with other therapies such as chiropractic and physiotherapy. If you come for a massage after a car accident but haven’t seen a primary caregiver for assessment yet, we can only provide relaxation massage. If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to call or email us. We do need a credit card on file as a backup for MVAs. (Please note: physiotherapists are allowed to bill insurance for 2 treatments each session if they are working on more than one site which can quickly eat up your approved treatments.)
Some important information for direct billing massage therapy clients:
* A valid credit card or Visa/Mastercard debit card is required as a back up payment method for all direct billing except for Alberta Blue Cross – no exceptions – so that we can ensure we are reimbursed should there be an issue with insurance. If the insurance company doesn’t reimburse the centre for any reason, the client is responsible to cover the cost. When this is the case the amount owing is due immediately and will be taken from the card provided. If there is no credit card on file or the credit card is declined, we will make reasonable attempts to collect, after which time all unpaid accounts will be sent to a collections agency.
* Clients are responsible to ensure their benefit plan does cover massage therapy or acupuncture & whether or not a doctor’s note is required. We have no access to this information. In most cases (except for Greenshield) the doctor’s note needs to be sent to the insurance company prior to making massage claims online.
* Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your first appointment to allow time for you to fill out your paperwork so that it doesn’t cut into your appointment time. Appointments will end on time even if they aren’t started on time due to paperwork. For some companies these forms need to be filled out each time as per insurance company guidelines. We do direct bill online for many companies and don’t need forms but we still need time to enter and process the claim.
* If you are covered by your own insurance as well as a spouse/partner’s plan, the insurance rules are that you must claim against your own plan 1st until it’s used up and then you can claim on the alternate plan. If you have a secondary plan that you would like to direct bill to, please contact us prior to your first appointment.
Direct billing available to:
- Great West Life
- Alberta Blue Cross/ASEBP
- Highland Benefits
- Chambers of Commerce
- Johnson Inc
- Industrial Alliance
- MVA’s (motor vehicle accidents)
- Maximum Benefits
- Equitable life
- Johnston Group