For the convenience of our Edmonton massage therapy and acupuncture clients, we are happy to provide direct billing for massage therapy and acupuncture services to Great West Life, Blue Cross, ASEBP (Alberta Teachers), Greenshield, Sunlife, Chambers of Commerce, Desjardins, Cowan, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc, Maximum Benefit & Standard Life. For Manulife we are happy to send your claim in on your behalf to save you the time however the appointment will be need to be paid at the time.
Please ensure your plan allows direct billing for these services, and that the clinic can be paid. Some plans don’t allow acupuncture, and some plans will only pay to the planholder.
MVA’s (motor vehicle accidents) – we can also set up direct billing for Motor Vehicle accidents with your insurance company. You must first see a ‘primary caregiver’ which can either be a medical doctor, a chiropractor, or a physiotherapist however it is your choice what treatments you receive once approved. Massage therapy works very well in conjunction with other therapies such as chiropractic and physiotherapy. If you have any questions regarding this please do not hesitate to call or email us.
Some important information for direct billing massage therapy clients:
* We will only direct bill to one insurance company at a time. The only exception to this is if the first plan is Blue Cross/ ASEBP
* Clients are responsible to ensure their benefit plan does cover massage therapy or acupuncture & whether or not a doctor’s note is required
* Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your first appointment to allow time for you to fill out your paperwork so that it doesn’t cut into your appointment time. Appointments will end on time even if they aren’t started on time due to paperwork. For some companies these forms need to be filled out each time as per insurance company guidelines. We do direct bill online for many companies and don’t need forms but we still need time to enter and process the claim.
*We require a credit card on file as a back up payment method in the event that the insurance claim doesn’t go through. If the insurance company doesn’t reimburse the centre for any reason, the client is responsible to cover the cost. When this is the case the amount owing is due immediately and will be taken from the card provided. If there is no credit card on file or the credit card is declined, we will make reasonable attempts to collect, after which time all unpaid accounts will be sent to a collections agency.
* If you are covered by your own insurance as well as a spouse/partner’s plan, the insurance rules are that you must claim against your own plan 1st until it’s used up and then you can claim on the alternate plan
Direct billing available to:
- Great West Life
- Blue Cross
- Highland Benefits
- Chambers of Commerce
- Johnson Inc
- Industrial Alliance
- MVA’s (motor vehicle accidents)
- Maximum Benefits
*Please call your benefit provider ahead of time to see if you need a doctor’s note for massage therapy, to ensure you have coverage for massage/acupuncture & find out what your benefit limitations are i.e. amount per year or percentage covered per massage. We have no access to this information.